Yin Yoga Certification
Yin Yoga Certification
Sept 24- 26 10 AM - 5 PM
25 hours (18 weekend hours & 7 hours mentoring)
Investment: $400 ($350 by Aug 1)
HYBRID (online or inperson)
Beloved Yoga has developed a unique Yin Yoga program that keeps its roots in the philosophy and practice of Yoga. The traditional Yin model, based on Taoism, (yin/yang/Tao) will be mirrored by the Gunas of Yoga (Tamas/Rajas/Sattva) in this workshop. In addition to exploring Yoga philosophy as it relates to Yin Yoga practice, teaching skills will be developed as you gain insight into the Beloved Yin Yoga Intelligent Sequence, which includes instruction in teaching methodology as you learn the traditional Yin Yoga poses. These skills can be used to sequence your own personal Yin Yoga practice or to teach Yin Yoga classes.
An in-depth study and discussion on fascia and joints will be the primary focus of enhancing your understanding of anatomy. There will also be time allocated to exploring the vibration of silence and stillness in personal practice and in teaching.
Training will be led by Susan Kilday, C-IAYT, Emily Steiner, E-RYT 500 & Maryam Ovissi, C-IAYT
- Learn the philosophical foundation of Yoga, the Gunas and Samyama
- Expand knowledge of anatomy with a deep dive into the Fascia, Anatomy Trains(T.Myers) & Body Sutras (D.Keller)
- Explore the skills of a teacher through learning the principles of teaching yin yoga
- Sequencing Methodology
- Explore over 30 yin postures and variations
- Learn how to integrate pranayama tools into Yin Yoga
- Boundaries: Pregnancy, Hyper mobility, Private/Yoga Therapy, Beginners
- Understanding Stress versus Stretching
You may attend only the weekend hours and obtain CEUs. To receive the certification, you will need to write a reflective paper on major takeaways, share a sequence for a class, record 30 minutes of the class and meet with your mentor. Upon completion of the mentoring program requirements, you will receive a Yin Yoga Certificate from Beloved Yoga.
This workshop is open to yoga practitioners interested in deepening their yoga practice and yoga teachers looking to add a new skill set to their teaching toolkit. The 25-hour Yin Yoga Certification counts towards Yoga Alliance continuing education hours.
Required Reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark