200 hr Summer Immersion
July 5 - 30, 2021 ~ VIRTUAL TRAINING
Monday - Friday
Daily Classes online*
Daily Lectures between 12- 5 pm EST
Daily Mentoring sessions*
*Customized to meet your Schedule
The Beloved Yoga School offers a unique 200HR Yoga Teacher Training program that provides a safe, nurturing, and creative environment in which to grow and deepen your practice. It is from this place of deep personal practice that you become a teacher. Our summer immersion program offers an immersive experience combining our excellence in teaching methodology and an inclusive mentoring program.
For the first time we are including 40 hours of online programming by Yoga International. 20 hour History/Philosophy with Doug Keller, 20 hr Anatomy with Tiffany Cruikshank and Yamas/Niyamas program with Deborah Adele.
Participants can opt to do just Session 1 or the full program. To obtain a 200HR RYT, one must complete both sessions and fulfill the requirements of the program from reflective homework to mentorship.
Session 1: 100 Hrs July 5 - 16
The first 100 hours of the program are open to all yoga practitioners interested in learning more about yoga.
In this module, you will:
- Establish a daily meditation and asana practice
- Find your own personal alignment in the most common yoga postures and understand their benefits
- Dive into the foundational philosophy behind the practice of yoga, including the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Learn about the history of yoga and its various paths
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness in your mind and body
- Explore energetic and subtle body anatomy
- Functional Biomechanical Anatomy
- Deepen your knowledge of Sanskrit and chanting
- Meet a supportive community of like-minded practitioners
Session 2: 100 Hrs July 19 - 30
If interested in becoming a certified yoga teacher, you will continue on for an additional 100 hours where you will learn:
- Teaching methodology (learning to teach online and in-person classes)
- How to sequence a well-rounded yoga class that can be adapted for multiple populations
- Discuss considerations for trauma sensitivity in group yoga classes
- Professional Development
- Ethics and how to expand your path as a teacher
In addition to our daily scheduled classes, lecture and practicum, the Beloved Yoga School offers a unique mentoring model for those interested in cultivating their seat as a teacher. The summer program includes up to 20 hours of one on one mentorship with your assigned mentor. You may complete the program in one month or take a few months to complete the mentoring and classes.
Upon completion of the second half of the program, final class, self-examination and mentorship, you will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200HR yoga teacher.
Beloved Yoga School recognizes the necessity for sensitivity in creating safe and accessible spaces in a group setting. Intrinsic to our teacher training program is the Beloved Yoga Trauma-Informed Toolkit. You will develop skills in languaging, cultivating safe spaces, assisting, and learn the tools to respect individual exploration and expression.
Maryam Ovissi, E-RYT 500, RPYT, RCYT, C-IAYT
Teaching Team: Alyson Maclatchy, Joelle von Over, Susan Muir, Jamilee Wagenseil, Susan Knoblauch Ileana Gonzalez, Doug Keller
The cost for the full program is $2900*
Early bird discount: $2750 if paid in full before July 5, 2021
Payment plans are available.
* includes manual, Pilgrimage through Patanjali's Sutras by (Alexander/Ovissi), mentoring, online courses access through Yoga International and 20-class pass (online/virtual classes).
How to Apply
Fill out the online application and pay the $30 application fee. The fee will be applied to your balance. We will follow up within a few days, if you have any questions please email at email@example.com
As part of the Beloved Yoga 200HR Teacher Training program, you will be given a manual and a copy of The Yoga Sutras translated by Maryam Ovissi and Jafar Alexander. The following three books are also required reading:
- The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
- The Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell