200 hr Summer Immersion
July 6 - 31, Monday through Friday, 9 am - 7:30 pm
The Beloved Yoga School offers a unique 200HR Yoga Teacher Training program that provides a safe, nurturing, and creative environment in which to grow and deepen your practice. It is from this place of deep personal practice that you become a teacher. Our summer immersion program offers an immersive experience combining our excellence in teaching methodology and an inclusive mentoring program.
Participants can opt to do just the Module 1 or the full program. To obtain a 200 hr RYT, one must complete both modules and fulfill the requirements of the program from reflective homework to mentorship.
Module 1: 100 Hrs July 6 - 17
The first 100 hours of the program are open to all yoga practitioners interested in learning more about yoga.
- Establish a daily meditation and asana practice
- Find your own personal alignment in the most common yoga postures and understand their benefits
- Dive into the foundational philosophy behind the practice of yoga, including the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Learn about the history of yoga and its various paths
- Cultivate deeper levels of awareness in your mind and body
- Explore energetic and subtle body anatomy
- Deepen your knowledge of Sanskrit and chanting
- Meet a supportive community of like-minded practitioners
Module 2: 100 Hrs July 20 - 31
If interested in becoming a certified yoga teacher, you will continue on for an additional 100 hours where you will learn:
- Teaching methodology
- How to sequence a well-rounded yoga class that can be adapted for multiple populations
- Explore effective assisting techniques
- Discuss considerations for trauma sensitivity in group yoga classes
- And much more
In addition to the scheduled weekends, the Beloved Yoga School offers a unique 20-hour mentoring model for those interested in cultivating their seat as a teacher. In this portion of the program, you will work one-on-one with an assigned mentor from the Beloved Yoga School teaching team to refine teaching skills and receive customized, real-time feedback. Our 20-hour mentoring program is included in the training.
Upon completion of the second half of the program and mentorship, you will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200HR yoga teacher.
Beloved Yoga School recognizes the necessity for sensitivity in creating safe and accessible spaces in a group setting. Intrinsic to our teacher training program is the Beloved Yoga Trauma-Informed Toolkit. You will develop skills in languaging, cultivating safe spaces, assisting, and learn the tools to respect individual exploration and expression.
- Jafar Alexander, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
- Maryam Ovissi, E-RYT 500, RPYT, RCYT, C-IAYT
- Sharra Cielo, E-RYT 500
- Alyson Maclatchy, E-RYT 200
- Vasanthi Srinivasan, E-RYT 500.C-IAYT
The cost for the full program is $3,200.
Early Bird Discount: $3,000 if paid in full before June 1, 2020.
Payment Plans are available.
As part of the Beloved Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training program, you will be given a manual and a copy of The Yoga Sutras translated by Maryam Ovissi and Jafar Alexander.
- The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
- The Bhagavad Gita by Stephen Mitchell
Books may be purchased at Beloved Yoga. You will receive 20% off all books purchased at Beloved Yoga when enrolled in the program.
In order to continue the training program after Module 1, we require that you have experienced practicing Yoga for at least one year. If you’re interested, please fill out the application and we will reach out to meet!