Svastha Yoga Therapy Module 6: Stress & Anxiety
Svastha Yoga Therapy: Module 6 ~ Stress & Anxiety, led by Dr. Ganesh Mohan
March 13-17, 2019, 9 AM - 5 PM
This professional program on yoga therapy brings you the most effective aspects of traditional yoga and Ayurveda combined with modern medicine. We take a skills-based approach, empowering you to work with yoga as prevention and as therapy. This program will provide you with a solid foundation to grow from in your work as a yoga teacher and therapist, and is also useful to serious students who wish to deepen their understanding and practice. Specific guidelines for different conditions and general treatment principles will also be detailed, empowering you to safely and effectively address disabilities and ill-health through yoga.
This program has been developed by Dr. Ganesh Mohan and he will be leading the training. There are 7 modules in the full Svastha Yoga Therapy program. The modules can be taken in any order and as stand-alone, independent programs.
Overview of the 5-day training:
- Embodiment as an essential wellness skill for the mind:: a modern view of the importance of mind-body connection; yoga insights into the mind-body connection
- Stress and trauma: neurobiology of the stress response; Yoga tools to work with stress; and adapting yoga for clients with past trauma (trauma-aware yoga)
- Mantra meditation as a therapeutic tool: psychology and theory; common barriers and questions from students
- Positive psychology practices, including scope and application: acceptance, gratitude and loving kindness
- Sacredness, meaning, and devotion (isvara pranidhana and related practices)
- Ritual practices and symbolism: traditional and modern rituals, concepts and psychology; creating simple rituals in yoga practice
- The gunas (satva, rajas, tamas) and their role as a framework for mental health.
- Safety considerations for the yoga teacher. Managing the teacher-student and the therapist-client relationship.
This is part of a comprehensive yoga therapy training. To see the full program, Svastha Yoga Therapy Program, visit: https://www.svastha.net/yoga-therapy/
Dr. Ganesh Mohan, son of A. G. Mohan and Indra Mohan, was trained from childhood in yoga and other related traditional studies. He is a doctor, having trained in both modern medicine and Ayurveda. He is the co-author of Yoga Therapy, Krishnamacharya, and Yoga Reminder. He directs the Svastha Yoga Therapy and Teacher Training programs as well as other trainings internationally.
Purchase OptionsSvastha Yoga Therapy TrainingBUY NOW $650